Coursework is offered through University of the Arts London: London College of Communication. This program is appropriate for junior and senior-level students and is available to Roski majors ONLY during spring term only. Off-campus apartments are shared with other study abroad students. Deadline to apply for London Fall 2021: **updated** Friday Sept. 17, 2021.
Please click here for more information about program costs and details.
• Complete online application available on Slideroom: https://roski.slideroom.com/
Media available for credit toward art major: Design, Photography, and Intermedia. Course schedules for USC Roski students are pre-determined, as noted below. No language requirement.
UAL LCC courses: GRAPHIC MEDIA DESIGN focus (two courses for 15 USC units )
1. Advanced Studio Course TBD (10 units) Transferrable as DES 402 Advanced Design Projects.
2. Design Theory Course TBD (5 units) Transferrable as DES 323 Design Theory.
Interested students must apply for Design focus at UAL LCC. Prerequisites for the Design focus: CRIT 150, DES 102, DES 202, DES 203, DES 302, DES 303, DES 332a. Recommended preparation: DES 332b and ART 370. All courses must be completed with a B or higher. (Pass "P" mark earned during spring 2020, summer 2020, fall 2020, spring 2021, and summer 2021, fall 2021, and spring 2022 is acceptable)
UAL LCC courses: PHOTOGRAPHY focus (two courses for 15 USC units )
1. Situated Practice (10 units) Situated Practice considers practice in relation to theories of site and location (i.e., political/economic), but also specificity of place and space and how such specificity can transform meanings in practice. The central theme of situated practice allows an interrogation of the photographer or photographic artist as fieldworker and considers what it is as photographic image makers to practice within the public sphere. Transfers as upper division studio electives.
2. Culture Machines (5 units) This unit explores models of production and their consequence for meaning, identity and value. Culture Machines will contribute to your developing skills in independent research and critical thinking. Transfers as upper division studio electives.
Interested students apply for Photography focus at UAL LCC.
Prerequisites for the Photography focus: CRIT 150, ART 150 and/or ART 151, ART 250. All courses must be completed with a B or higher. (Pass "P" mark earned during spring 2020, summer 2020, fall 2020, spring 2021, and summer 2021 is acceptable)