Advisement for Spring 2022
To keep our Roski community safe, Roski Student Services will not take any walk-ins for Fall 2021; all meetings need to be scheduled in advance with your advisor. All Roski advising appointments will be held via Zoom for Fall 2021, unless in-person is requested.
All USC Roski majors must meet with a Roski advisor before registering for Spring 2022 classes. You should always be prepared to use a laptop/tablet to plan your classes while in the zoom meeting. The most productive meetings occur when students are prepared and have already reviewed course offerings via the USC Schedule of Classes website.
**All Roski mandatory advising appointments will be held via Zoom for Spring 2022 scheduling. Continue to schedule via the usual means & your advisor will email you the Zoom link to your meeting.**
- USC Roski majors with last names A – K, schedule your advisement with Rosalva Isidoro.
- USC Roski majors with last names L – Z, schedule your advisement with Jahtm Flores.
You will need to schedule an advisement appointment according to your class standing, which is based on the total number of units completed (USC units + transfer units). To see your class standing, go to myUSC --> OASIS --> STARS Report.
- Senior/U4 students (>= 96), NCAA student-athletes, and others with priority registration can schedule appointments to meet with an advisor from October 11th through October 19th.
- NCAA student-athletes and others with priority registration, you must email your Roski advisor to schedule an appointment.
- Junior/U3 students (64—95.5 units) can schedule appointments to meet with an advisor from October 20th through October 28th.
- Sophomore/U2 students (32—63.5 units) can schedule appointments to meet with an advisor from October 28th through November 5th.
- Freshman/U1 students (0—31.5 units) can schedule appointments to meet with an advisor from November 8th through November 15th.
Each student can view their registration time via myUSC --> OASIS --> Permit to Register. It is the student’s responsibility to register for and attend an advisement appointment that occurs before they are permitted to register.
If a student fails to show for a scheduled meeting, they will have to wait to schedule a meeting. This may occur after their Permit to Register has already opened.
- Students that fail to schedule a meeting with a Roski advisor can schedule for a make-up appointment with a Roski advisor from November 6th through November 13th.
An advisor will only lift a student's mandatory advisement hold after the student has attended their advising appointment. If you are not registering for Spring 2022 classes (e.g., you are graduating at the end of the fall semester or you will be taking a leave of absence), you do not have to sit for a mandatory advisement session.
Below are directions for online scheduling of a Mandatory Advisement session:
- Log into myUSC.
- Go to the Undergraduate Advisement tab.
- Select the time/day you are available.
- Students with last names (A – K) meet with Academic Advisor, Rosalva Isidoro.
- Students with last names (L – Z) meet with Academic Advisor, Jahtm Flores.
- You will receive an email confirmation of your appointment.
- Arrive ON TIME to the Zoom meeting.
- Find a quiet place for your meeting.
- If you are unable to attend your scheduled meeting, cancel your appointment in the Undergraduate Student Advisement tab and email your advisor as soon as possible.
All Roski Graduate students (MFA Art, MFA Design, MA CPPS) should schedule an appointment directly with Antonio Bartolome & Nazeli Hosik. Mandatory advisement meetings will be held within Zoom. Graduate students will not be able to register for classes until they meet with Antonio Bartolome & Nazeli Hosik. Graduate students should meet with their advisor no later than the end of the semester.
Antonio Bartolome, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nazeli Hosik, email@example.com
Preparation for a Productive Meeting
- Write down your questions in advance.
- If possible, bring a list of your planned classes for Spring 2021, including course codes, section numbers, and class times.
- Bring a laptop or tablet.
USC expects the Spring 2022 Schedule of Classes to be available on October 4th at classes.usc.edu. October 4th is also the day that students will be able to view their Spring 2022 initial registration times on myUSC. Again, to see these times, students should visit myUSC -> OASIS -> Permit to Register.